Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bad highlights...?

Hi, I had red hightlights put into my dark hair, which I dyed a even darker shade of brown 3 weeks ago in preparation for a holiday I'm going on in 4 weeks time, which is to a hot country.



Whilst at the hairdressers, the hairdresser said my hair was really dry, which made me think, I'm going to leave my hair some time to recover after this session. Problem is, the hightlighted hair isn't that nice.



It was nice for the first week, but now the "red" hightlight is orange and it's starting to look trashy!



I want to put an all over dark brown colour (at the hairdressers, I wouldn't attempt it myself) in the next few weeks before I go on holiday but, if I do:



- will it come out different colours, where my highlight have gone in



- Will a pro do this so soon after the last session



- will it get damaged further in the hot climate



- will it be able to cope as I'm in a wedding 1 day b4 I go on holiday where I will have to have my hair styled with curling irons?



Help!



Bad highlights...?

Your stylist will probably not put more permanent color on your hair without some serious deep conditioning being done to it first.



But your stylist can put on a toner that will make your hair color richer and tone down your highlights.



One of the secrets to getting better highlights that look more natural is to have the hair lightened first, then put the hair coloring on your entire head. The highlights will absorb the color just like the hair around it, but will appear lighter because its base is lighter. As it grows out, you only need to touch up the roots, then draw the color down for the last 5-8 mins to revive the head without coloring over the highlights.



Also, make sure you use a good thermal conditioner for you hair while you're on holiday. Redken makes one specifically for sun protection that you might check out. Whatever you pick up, make sure it has UV protection and is a leave-in conditioner.



Bad highlights...?

definitely go to a stylist for a consultation,....red is really hard to get out but fades the fastest (i put red in mine like 7 months ago, and you can still tell) i am sure you can at least put color all over your hair, but just talk about it first i would say.



Bad highlights...?

Red is a high maintenance color and fades quickly, hence the weird orange shade.



Unless you have a lot of money and a lot of time, I would recommend you stay away from this color no matter how gorgeous it may be.



Going dark is always better than going light and I wouldn't worry about it coming out different colors where the highlights have been as this will only add depth to the dark color you add. Without depth your hair looks too fake.



Go ahead, do it. Just condition your hair really well after.



Bad highlights...?

Just dye your hair 1 colour. It will look fine. Promise.



Bad highlights...?

Definately go to the hairdressers, as someone else said they should be able to use a toner to stop your highlights looking brassy. Use some deep conditioners before and after you have it done. Also, make sure you protect your hair when you are on holiday; if you hair is long wear it up in a lose bun so that less of the surface is exposed, you can also get spray on sun protection for your hair - Loreal make a good one that isn't greasy and makes your hair look super shiny and nice:)



Bad highlights...?

I have dark hair and have had highlights done that look too orange. You can either dye over them yourself as long as you condition it well after the colour or get it done at the salon. It will definately cover those highlights. Just condition well after you go in the sun and wear a cap/hat on the beach, it will save your skin too - Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter