Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wedding Problem?

My friend is getting married and I am one of the bridesmaids. My question is how long does it take to complete a hair style?



I am getting my hair done on the wedding day at 9 AM. The bride wants me to reschedule to a later time. My only problem is that pictures will be done by around 12.



I have offered to schedule the bride, the flower girl, and the maid of honor at 9 AM when I get my hair done. None of them can get up at the crack of dawn.



Should reschdule my appointment and go her way. Or make her see the light and be at the salon at 9 Am?



CG



Wedding Problem?

If she wants everyone dressed and ready for pictures by 12 noon, a 9am salon appointment sounds right.



Wedding Problem?

Does she want you to all go together, or is everyone doing their hair separately? It took me about 60 minutes to have my hair and make-up done when I was MOH for my best friend. 9am is fine, because you have to meet her to help her get changed, change yourself, etc. I'd get ready earlier rather than later and risk being rushed. 9:00 sounds right to me. If I were you, go by yourself and meet the rest of them afterwards whenever she wants you to.



Wedding Problem?

What kind of hair style are you getting. Speak to your stylist, ask them what they would recommend time wise :)



Wedding Problem?

Make her see the light! It's better to be prepared early rather than rushing around being late.



Wedding Problem?

Why does she want you to reschedule?



Wedding Problem?

Usually you should allow one hour per person for hair. Bride always gets done last. You also dont want to get her upset but make her realize that if she has pix at noon she needs to be in that chair by 10:00-10:30.



Have your hairstylist help out in explaining



Wedding Problem?

I dont see why she should be worrying about. Id be pumped you set your appointment and thats one last thing id have to worry about it. 9am is perfect for 12p pictures. Depending on your hair, Id expect an hour for it..by the time you get dressed and such, thats perfect.



Wedding Problem?

the bride sounds fat.



Wedding Problem?

WoW!!!! Pictures at 12:00?It depends on if one stylist is doing everyones hair. Then we have a problem. It is her day, but she doesn't want to have a hurried hair style. My daughter is the matron of honor at a wedding next month, so I hope this is not related to her wedding. I am a pageant mom. I and my girls, do hair, clothes, and make-up for as many as four girls to be on stage at the same time. Scheduling everyone later is a close call is; my suggestion , is to go ahead with your hair at 9:00, then scatter at maybe 9:15, and ect., make the bride last, at no later than 10:00am. Give the stylist at least an hour for the brides hair. Another suggestion, call the salon, or stylist and ask how much time they need to get everyone's hair done by say 11:00 for a 12:00 shoot. Then, suggest to the bride she get a early bedtime to rest for the big day.



Wedding Problem?

sounds like she wants the hair done halfways at pic time



Wedding Problem?

If she wants to take pictures at noon then I would suggest getting there earlier than 9am...unless of course they are just going to brush her hair and say, "OK, done!"



Just getting dressed alone is going to take a while, not to mention her makeup, driving back and forth from the salon, getting to the church, making sure you have everything...and you need to leave room for any of those little things that may pop up that day. I don't know about her dress, but mine has buttons going all the way up the back (something i didn't really think about at the time)...the seamstress said it would take about 20 minutes just to do all of the buttons.



What you may want to do to help the bride is make a timeline for her. Maybe if she sees it on paper then she will realize that she should schedule earlier.



Wedding Problem?

Try talking to her and maybe she will see the good side to what you are wanting... I'm sure you are just wanting to make sure everyone's hair is done in time for pictures.. make sure she knows that and the fact that you are just looking out for her... but if that fails.. just go along with what she wants... it's her day.. don't worry... just go with the flow..



Wedding Problem?

Hairstlyes them selves dont take long to do.



But when it's the whole party it can get a bit time consuming for stylists.



In your case if it's only the 4 of you and you have 2 stylists then I think 10-10:30 is a good time!



Wedding Problem?

Hell my wedding is at 530 and i have girls getting their hair done at like 10:30 it takes maybe like 30min-1hr30min to do hair depending on what you want how long your hair is and if your hair is thick. No you did everything just right and this way you wont be rushing to get things done and you can help do other things and what not. You did everything just right! Good job! mention to her what everything needs to be done at. You want everything to be done by 11:30 so you can get to the place to do pics by 12 so everyone needs to meet by at least 11 so yall get can dressed or whatever makeup anything and if you have to many people hair wont be done if you do it any later. So you are doing good keep your time

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter